- Social & Civic Responsibility
1 class period that runs 30 minutes.
Introduction to CTE Intro with all 7th grade students at the beginning of the school year.
Main Curriculum Tie:
Career and Technical Education Introduction
Standard 1 Objective 1
Identify and practice the attitudes, knowledge, and skills that contribute to effective learning in school and across the life span, including recognizing that completion of high school with essential academic and CTE coursework provides a wide range of substantial post-secondary and career options.
- Career and Technical Education
- Powerpoint "CTE Intro- Road to the Future
- Song "Life Is A Highway" by Rascal Flatts
- The Cosby Show, Season 1, Episode 1 Ch. 2 (Cliff's monopoly budget lesson for Theo)
- Introduction to all teachers in your department (we did a powerpoint with all of us and pictures from things we did in our classes.)
Intended Learning Outcomes:
Students will understand more about CTE Intro and what the class is supposed to teach them throughout the school year by attending this introductory activity.
- We do our intro activity as a whole grade level in our auditorium at the same time during our FLEX period.
- Begin with students coming in to auditorium. Play fun music, do the wave, get them excited!
- Play "CTE Intro- Road to the Future" slideshow for them.
- Explain what CTE Intro is and introduce all on the department team.
- Watch Cliff's Monopoly Budget Lesson for Theo.
- Watch slideshow introducing teachers and classes.
- Close introduction activity with "We're excited for this school year."
No assessment for this activity.
Created Date :
May 04 2010 11:29 AM