This activity gives each student an opportunity to be the leader of their squad.
Main Curriculum Tie:
Physical Education - 5th Grade
Standard 2 Objective 2
Follow rules and procedures while participating in activities.
CD Player and upbeat music
Background For Teachers:
Knowledge of warm-up ideas.
Student Prior Knowledge:
Squad lines and warm-up ideas.
Intended Learning Outcomes:
Students will learn to make a decision on what they will lead. They will choose a safe and acceptable activity.
- Each line leader turns and faces their squad line.
- When the music starts, they will lead their line in a specific warm-up activity, such as a hamstring stretch.
- Each group leader will have from 20-40 seconds to lead their line.
- When you say switch, the line leader jogs to the rear of the line and the next person in line comes forward and faces their line ready to lead a new warm-up exercise.
- This continues until the song is over or everybody has had a turn leading.
Strategies For Diverse Learners:
Ask the class beforehand to name all of the warm-up exercises they can think of. (Ex: stretching, jumping, calf raises, shadow boxing, tae-bo's, deep breaths, push-ups etc.)
Created Date :
Jun 11 2003 13:58 PM