1 class period that runs 70 minutes.
Students will be introduced to soups, salads, casseroles and meats.
Main Curriculum Tie:
Food And Nutrition II
Standard 3 Objective 1
Identify and prepare two basic types of soup (cream and stock).
- Bell Ringer Card for each student
- Soups, Salads, Casseroles and Meats PowerPoint Presentation
- Soups, Salads, Casseroles and Meats Study Guide
Intended Learning Outcomes:
Students will identify:
- The two basic types of soup
- How soups may be served as different parts of a meal
- Proper storage of soups
- The five Mother sauces used in standard home and restaurant cooking.
Teacher and student step-by-step instructions are found below in the "Soups, Salads, Casseroles and Meats Lecture Lesson Plan" attachment.
Have the students actively take note on their study guides throughout the lecture. The students will keep their completed study guides to review and prepare for the unit test. Answer any questions they may have to help them better understand the information presented. There will be one homework for this lesson.
Foods and Nutrition II Curriculum Guide from the Utah State Office of Education
Created Date :
Jul 20 2012 13:26 PM