Utah Core Areas
Utah 4th Grade Science
- Cite examples of physical features that allow particular plants and animals to live in specific environments
- Describe how the behavior and adaptations of Utah mammals help them survive winter (e.g., obtaining food, building homes, hibernation, migration).
Utah 5th Grade Science
- Compare the traits of similar species for physical abilities, instinctual behaviors, and specialized body structures that increase the survival of one species in a specific environment over another species
- Describe how a particular physical attribute may provide an advantage for survival in one environment but not in another
- Research a specific plant or animal and report how specific physical attributes provide an advantage for survival in a specific environment.