UEN Security Office
Technical Services Support Center (TSSC)
Eccles Broadcast Center
101 Wasatch Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
(801) 585-6105 (fax)
Adult English Language Learners 3
|Printable Version (pdf)|
Core Standards of the Course
ELP Standard 2
An ELL canů
participate in level-appropriate oral and written exchanges of information, ideas, and analyses, in various social and academic contexts, responding to peer, audience, or reader comments and questions.
- participate in conversations, discussions, and written exchanges about familiar topics, texts, and issues
- build on the ideas of others
- express his or her own ideas
- ask and answer relevant questions
- add relevant information and evidence
- restate some of the key ideas expressed
- follow rules for discussion
- ask questions to gain information or clarify understanding.
- adapt language choices and style according to purpose, task, and audience with developing ease in various social and academic contexts
- use an increasing number of general academic and content-specific words and expressions in spoken and written texts
- show developing control of style and tone in spoken and written texts.
http://www.uen.org - in partnership with Utah State Board of Education
(USBE) and Utah System of Higher Education
(USHE). Send questions or comments to USBE Specialist -
and see the Adult Ed/ English Language Proficiency website. For
general questions about Utah's Core Standards contact the Director
- BRIAN OLMSTEAD .
|These materials have been produced by and for the teachers of the State of Utah. Copies of these materials may be freely reproduced for teacher and classroom use. When distributing these materials, credit should be given to Utah State Board of Education. These materials may not be published, in whole or part, or in any other format, without the written permission of the Utah State Board of Education, 250 East 500 South, PO Box 144200, Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-4200.|