UEN Security Office
Technical Services Support Center (TSSC)
Eccles Broadcast Center
101 Wasatch Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
(801) 585-6105 (fax)
Adult English Language Learners 4
|Printable Version (pdf)|
Core Standards of the Course
ELP Standard 2
An ELL canů
participate in level-appropriate oral and written exchanges of information, ideas, and analyses, in various social and academic contexts, responding to peer, audience, or reader comments and questions.
- participate in conversations, discussions, and written exchanges about a range of topics, texts, and issues
- build on the ideas of others
- express his or her own ideas
- clearly support points with specific and relevant evidence
- ask and answer questions to clarify ideas and conclusions
- summarize the key points expressed.
- carry out both short and more sustained research projects to answer a question
- gather information from multiple print and digital sources
- evaluate the reliability of each source
- use search terms effectively
- synthesize information from multiple print and digital sources
- integrate information into an organized oral or written report
- include illustrations, diagrams, or other graphics as appropriate
- cite sources appropriately.
- recount a longer, more detailed sequence of events or steps in a process, with a clear sequential or chronological structure
- introduce and develop an informational topic with facts, details, and evidence
- use a variety of more complex transitions to link the major sections of speech and text and to clarify relationships among events and ideas
- provide a concluding section or statement.
http://www.uen.org - in partnership with Utah State Board of Education
(USBE) and Utah System of Higher Education
(USHE). Send questions or comments to USBE Specialist -
and see the Adult Ed/ English Language Proficiency website. For
general questions about Utah's Core Standards contact the Director
- BRIAN OLMSTEAD .
|These materials have been produced by and for the teachers of the State of Utah. Copies of these materials may be freely reproduced for teacher and classroom use. When distributing these materials, credit should be given to Utah State Board of Education. These materials may not be published, in whole or part, or in any other format, without the written permission of the Utah State Board of Education, 250 East 500 South, PO Box 144200, Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-4200.|