UEN Security Office
Technical Services Support Center (TSSC)
Eccles Broadcast Center
101 Wasatch Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
(801) 585-6105 (fax)
Adult English Language Learners 4
|Printable Version (pdf)|
Core Standards of the Course
ELP Standard 2
An ELL canů
participate in level-appropriate oral and written exchanges of information, ideas, and analyses, in various social and academic contexts, responding to peer, audience, or reader comments and questions.
- participate in conversations, discussions, and written exchanges about a range of topics, texts, and issues
- build on the ideas of others
- express his or her own ideas
- clearly support points with specific and relevant evidence
- ask and answer questions to clarify ideas and conclusions
- summarize the key points expressed.
- carry out both short and more sustained research projects to answer a question
- gather information from multiple print and digital sources
- evaluate the reliability of each source
- use search terms effectively
- synthesize information from multiple print and digital sources
- integrate information into an organized oral or written report
- include illustrations, diagrams, or other graphics as appropriate
- cite sources appropriately.
- recount a longer, more detailed sequence of events or steps in a process, with a clear sequential or chronological structure
- introduce and develop an informational topic with facts, details, and evidence
- use a variety of more complex transitions to link the major sections of speech and text and to clarify relationships among events and ideas
- provide a concluding section or statement.