Skip Navigation

Cheese Research

You need a bachelor's degree in agricultural or food science for a job in applied research. In a food science program, you study food chemistry, food analysis, and food processing. A degree in a related science, such as biology or chemistry, also prepares you for jobs in food science. You need a doctoral degree (Ph.D.) to lead research projects or teach at a college or university. To complete a doctoral degree, you take more courses, do fieldwork, and do your own lab research. The general trend is for food scientists to have a Ph.D. All states have land-grant colleges that offer agricultural and food science programs. Many other colleges and universities offer similar programs.

© Utah Education Network in partnership with the Utah State Board of Education and Higher Ed Utah.
UEN does not endorse and is not responsible for content on external websites linked to from this page.
(800) 866-5852     |     KUEN CPB Compliance    |     Web Accessibility     |     Captioning