December 3, 2010Host:
Granite School District
Date and Time:
December 3, 2010 (3rd day of Hanukkah - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSJCSR4MuhU)
Granite School District Offices, Room 220 (Tall Building)
2500 South State State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
Phone: (385) 646-4110
Directions from the North: Follow I-15 South until you come to the I-80 Interchange going east. Take I-80 eastbound exiting on State Street almost immediately. Turn South and enter the Granite District parking lot in about 150 yards. Park in the Northwest parking lot, enter on the North side of the five story building, and go to the second floor.
Directions from the South: Follow I-15 North until you come to the I-80 Interchange going east. Take I-80 eastbound exiting on State Street almost immediately. Turn South and enter the Granite District parking lot in about 150 yards. Park in the Northwest parking lot, enter on the North side of the five story building, and go to the second floor.
Click here for a map
8:30 AM - Continental Breakfast
9:00 AM - Trainer Tools (Cal Hales)
- Cool Iris - Turn your browser into a fast and stunning way to enjoy photos & videos
- Jing - Instant screenshots and screencasts
Free or $15 pro version
- Pixie Dust - turns your mouse pointer into a virtual magic wand creating a spray of colorful sparkles wherever it goes.
- Flashlight - Illuminate your screen with a virtual flashlight that follows your mouse pointer wherever you want it to go.
- Cutout - This allows you to highlight areas of your screen using different shapes.
- Bullseye - When you activate this plug-in, a bullseye will follow your mouse pointer around the screen.
9:45 AM - Management and the One-to-One Initiative with the iPod Touch (Rachel Murphy)
- iSchool Granite School District: http://ischoolinfo.wikispaces.com
- iCougars Website: http://icougars-khs.wikispaces.com
- cforum dec2010.pptx
- Demonstration of the Android OS Tablet (Celia Powell)
11:45 - Lunch
12:30 PM - Textbook Alternatives Discussion (Cory Little)
E Textbooks http://www.textbooks.com/etextbooks.php
Softchalk (free 30 day download, UEN has a group license and some seats still available) http://softchalk.com/
EDU2011 initiative http://www.universalservice.org/_res/documents/sl/pdf/Public-Notice-EDU2011.pdf
1:00 PM - Quality Standards for Instruction and the Khan Academy (Alan Griffin)
Khan Academy - http://www.khanacademy.org/
Reviewing Digital Curriculum.docx
1:30 PM - Data Display
- Demonstration of the New USOE Data Display (Julie Quinn & Aaron Brough)
- Educators can access this online interface from their my.uen Personal page. http://my.uen.org Use the COGNOS / Data Display link on the Services / Tools portlet
2:00 PM - UEN Updates
- Primo: new federated search for Pioneer Library (http://go.uen.org/1n) & SoftChalk Modules in eMedia (Katie Garrett)
- New Professional Development catalog
- Newly Redesigned: K-2 Student Interactives
- Preschool and K12 Pioneer Library Trial Opportunity: Espresso Education
- Mission US Update:
- Faculty Lounge presentation
- Student responses from South Davis Jr. High
- I loved it, it was fun to see what life was like back then. And we made our own choices
- It was fun and interactive. Will there be another?
- It was way cool, way fun and very entertaining
- UEN Climate Science project named 2010 Environmental Education Program of the Year!
- December Highlights
- Dec. 17 - Winter Charity Drive
2:20 PM - USOE Updates
2:40 PM - UCET Updates
2:45 PM - Cool New iPad Apps
eCOVE Software - Observation Software for principals and administrators