February 3, 2012
Date: February 3, 2012
Time: 9:00 a.m.
Location: 2500 South State Street, #220 (Map)
Salt Lake City, UT 84115 *Go to the tall building on the west end of the lot, take the elevator to the second floor and turn right.
To register click here.
Agenda (Times Approximate)
9:00-9:15 Welcome and Introductions (Celia and then Rick)
9:15-9:45 Introductions Activity (Teresa & Heidi)
9:45-10:00 UTIPS Updates (Julie Quinn)
- Help Documents Discussion (Celia)
- Jordan School District UTIPS Core help files http://jsdutips.wikispaces.com/
- Pioneer Online Library
- NetSafe Utah - new "Mobile Location Privacy" video
- my.uen Email Re-verification
- UEN Security Scan - March ?
- Tenth Anniversary of Salt Lake 2002 (Sat. Feb. 18 celebration at the Gateway.)
- Mission 2 - Flight to Freedom
- February 2012 Highlights
- UEN's Multimedia Resources for Educators and Students web page has been updated.
- H.B. 53 - Utah Education Network Amendment
- Jan. 24, 2012: The House Education Committee had a few small amendments, but recommended the bill.
- Feb. 2, 2012: The Senate Education Committee recommended the bill.
- Call for Comments: Early Childhood Standards
- The ESRI Education Team is offering a free webinar: "Where Do You Start with GIS in Education?" Wed. Feb. 8th at 6 PM - Register
- Conference March 2-3 Jordan High School
- February 3 (Today!) Deadline for Award Nominations
- February 10: Deadline for early registration
- Volunteers still needed! Email email@example.com
- Over-the-shoulder: Kelly Dumont
- Student Showcase: PJ Giles
10:50-11:30 iPod Reading Pilot for Slow Readers (Cherie Anderson)
11:30-12:00 Granite Connect (Patrick Cloclough)
1:00-1:30 Safari Montage (Cathy Larsen)
1:30-2:30 Gadgets/Apps/New Ideas (Please sign-up below.)
||Wireless Hard Drive
||SkyDrive and Live Mesh
|iTunes U App