Jan 6, 2012
Utah Education Network
University of Utah - Milton Bennion Hall 202
Maps and Driving directions:
Park in the Gated Visitor Pay Lot that is South and a little West of the MBH South entrance. We will validate by the hour which is more cost effective than using the A lot.
9:00 – 9:30: District news update via creating a slide in Google docs
- Follow the link to open the presentation, you should be able to edit whether you have a Google Account or not: http://go.uen.org/51
- Locate the Slide for your District or Create a new one based on the template if your District/Organization isn't there.
- Add the requested information. Your changes should show up here immediately: http://go.uen.org/50
9:30 – 10:15: Lisa Cohne on Preschool Pioneer and Katie Garrett on what’s new with eMedia - QR codes =
Suggestion for Preschool Pioneer: "PreK-2 Pioneer"
10:15 – 10:30: Break, view district updates slide show
10:30 – 11:45: Create a lesson with iPads activity (model, group work, share, create lesson plan)
|Fairy Tale Analysis
A Novel Idea
|Money Management - Give me a break!
The Coupons App
|Math and Operations
11:45 - 12:00: Discussion - UEN Organizational Changes - Laura Hunter
12:00 – 1:00: Lunch, view district updates slide show
1:00 – 2:00: UEN, USOE, UTIPS updates as needed, film festival; watch building demolition?
First cForum Mobile Film Festival Guidelines
1. Teach something in 2 minutes or less
2. Must be created on mobile device
3. Must be video or animation
4. Narrated/music slideshow okay.
We spend lots of time talking about the latest and greatest apps, now is your chance to take a few minutes and really dig into one of your apps and create something great (or at least educational).
Your entry will qualify you for a chance to win one of the “amazing” prizes. Bring your entry on your tablet ready to show or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org before Jan. 6th at 8:00am.
If your video is on the web and embeddable please embed it here:
Also share it on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/UENprofdev