Agenda (Please bring a laptop, if possible)
8:30-9:00 am: Continental Breakfast and Snacks
9:00-9:15 am: Welcome and Introductions
9:15-10:05 am: Ogden School District Presentations
- Ogden School District Teacher Librarians
- Chromebooks & Other Tech @ Heritage Elementary
- StrataLogica @ BLHS - Jack Bice @ Ben Lomand HS email@example.com
- Google Classroom @ Mound Fort
10:05-10:15 am: Break
10:15-10:30 am: Box Elder School District
10:30-11:00 am: The Great Race: Ogden Edition
11:00-11:15 am: Intro to GEG Utah
11:15-11:40 am: STEM League Activity
11:40-12:00 pm: Coding Clubs and Code.Org's K-5 Training (Carl Lyman)
12:00-1:00 pm: Lunch
1:00-1:30 pm:Microsoft IT Academy from Laura DeShazo, USOE Business Specialist. Dreamspark -
1:30-2:30 pm: Rick Gaisford updates -
- Legislative page - Still grant-based. Technology framework is being put together by Rick and his group. Tami Pfer from Governor's office was at their meeting yesterday. Rick will send the framework out next week. He would like us to read through it and get our feedback. $25 million ongoing and $50 million initially. He is very concerned that the money is ONGOING. What happens when the money runs out? That is the hardest $ to find in the state.
- Technology framework does have the support of the superintendents, not just the tech people. He needs a core committee to work on this.
- Tech standards for students - If you are interested in being involved in this contact Rick Gaisford.
- Core Academies will be moving online. They found that most of the money spent for core academies was spent on food and hotel rooms.
- "Education technology should not be taught in isolation." Rick Gaisford - Would you like ed. tech embedded in the other core areas? There will be $ behind this for developing standards and courses. He will need facilitators. They can possibly earn some additional $. Send Rick a note if you want to participate. He wants to know your background. Not criminal records just like Dual Immersion, Elementary, Science elementary or secondary, etc.
The goal is be having them start coming online by next summer. (6 month development cycle) Be paired with someone to help develop and facilitate the course. Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, etc.
Here is the link to the Legislature’s Education Task Force
Please review the meeting materials and/or the Audio/Video sections for information on future technology legislation.
Please send Rick your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org
2:30-3:00 pm: UEN & UCET Updates/News
UELMA - UCET
UCET - April 2-3/15. Herriman HS -
11917 S 6000 W, Herriman, UT 84096
Pre Conference Activities - win prizes!
#utedchat - Wednesday nights, 9:00 PM
UELMA - March 20, 2015
Conference - $63.00
Both - $83.00
Deadline presenters 12/1
They want to start using Twitter.
Received a $3000.00 Uplift Grant
Summer reading program, Every Hero Has A Story
They will be using BlackPlum (CodyPlumhoff) for registration.
Asking UEN to do presentation on Twitter For Librarians AND searching with copyright in mind. How to search? 5 Steps To Search Responsibly Infographic
UEN New Trainers - Dani Sloan,
and Jared Fossen