Register for this event.
8:30-9:00 am: Continental Breakfast and Snacks
9:00-9:15 am: Welcome from CSD
9:15-9:30 am: Jared Ward
- Canvas BLACK Level Trainings Book (Free Giveaway at the end of the meeting.)
- "Essentials for Blended Learning" by Jared Stein and Charles Graham.
- Regularly $34.95. Buy from in bulk from the publisher and get 30% discount, $24.47.
- Jessie Taylor | Special Sales Account Manager
Focal Press, Eye on Education, Routledge & Psychology Press
Office: 859 727 5006
Mobile 859 957 7404
Fax: 859 647 4031
- ENTER HERE TO WIN A FREE COPY
- #EdTechTips Course via Remind: wardtech.weebly.com/edtechtips
- Regular updates and tips from multiple resources. Want to share your #EdTechTips? Share your ideas on twitter, Facebook, instagram with the hashtag #EdTechTips.
9:30-11:00 am: Katie Hill & Camille Cole
- The Tech Club Experience
- What's a Tech Club?
- Katie's Experience- How we've built our club and how it's formatted
- Camille's Experience
- Meet the Makey Makey
- 5 minute explanation
- 30 minutes to Play & Create
- related TED Talk worth watching: AnnMarie Thomas-Hands-on science with squishy circuits
- Sphero exploration
- Focus on the Lesson MacroLab Lesson 5
Technology Standards Rubrics 2012 Final.pdf
12:00-1:00 pm: Lunch
- UTIPS: Julie Quinn
- UEN Updates - Justin Brooksby
- New channel in October called FNX. FNX (First Nations Experience) presents Native American stories and content to create a diverse and entertaining channel. UEN channel 9.3 is now live airing FNX
- Preschool Pioneer is a online collection of resources for quality early childhood education. For ages 3-6. This site is now available in spanish.
- UEN’s newest program “SciTech Now” will air on Monday, October 6th at 8:30pm. Or for a sneak peak of the program click here. All of these programs (as well as the segments) are also available in eMedia. You can learn more about the show at uen.org/scitechnow
- Pioneer Library has some new products from Gale: Cengage Learning (There is a initial train-the-trainer workshop on October 14th). The following products are part of the Gale resources.
- Kid's InfoBits
- InfoTrac Junior
- InfoTrac Student
- Student Resource Center Junior
- Discovering Collection
- InfoTrac Newsstand
- Biography in Context
- Science in Context
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context
- Virtual Reference Library
- This is the last year for grant money for NetSafe Utah. It is the hope that all future NetSafe trainings come from the district, school or service center. A new NetSafe grant application is now available.
Plualsights free one year subscription:
- USOE Updates - Rick Gaisford
- UCET Updates - Leslie Lewis
- EdCamp Utah
- 29 Reservations left
- ** UCET 2015 -
- Venue - ?
- Date - ?
- Contest - #TechElevated & #UCET2015 - Take photos of yourself with your tech elevated then post with the hashtags. Prizes, such as tickets to UCET, will be given.
- Write something for the UELMA Newsletter by 10/10/14
And the winner of the "Essentials for Blended Learning" book IS: