March 4, 2016
Host: Provo City School District
Date and Time:
March 4, 2016
Grandview Technology Center
1591 North Jordan Ave.
(Located on Grandview Hill in north Provo).
Please park on the south side of the smaller building to the east. Enter the south doors of that building.
Adobe Connect and Presenters
If you are presenting please plan on joining our Adobe Connect session. This way you can share your screen for those who are in the meeting remotely.
8:30 AM - Continental Breakfast
9:00 - Welcome and Introductions - Kim Broadbent
9:10 - E-Mints Grant Opportunities - Celia Powell
eMINTS Grant Opportunity.pdf
eMINTS-Investing in Innovation
Contact Cara Wiley, Ed.D.
eMINTS National Center
9:30 - Leadership - Landen Garnerand Joe Weight, US Synthetic (Business Partner)
- Create culture by design, not by default.
- It's all about the people and improving lives.
- Great businesses have great people.
- Engage people - Respect drives everything - Trust - Sense of belonging - SAFE to fail and experiment
- Kaizen - the practice of continuous improvement, new goals and solutions all the time, little or big, anything that makes anything better
- Innovation happens quickly
- People are more capable than we allow. Create an environment where people can thrive.
- Coal vs. Diamond - they both have the potential to be great in the right environment
- What kind of environments are we creating at home, at work, in trainings, in the classroom?
- The ability to see and solve problems is critical for continuous improvement. You will be amazed how great your people are!
- Do we have a shared vision?
10:30 - Break
10:45 - Problem Solving - Landen Garner and Joe Weight, US Synthetic
- Plan - Do - Check - Adjust
- Make observations.
- What's happening vs. What should happen
- Go to where the problem is happening.
- Ask questions to understand the problem.
- Problem - Expectation vs. What is actually achieved, understand the problem first
- Problem statements should be clear, concise, measurable, time stamped, and expectation vs. actual.
- Goals should be clear, concise, measurable, and include a completion date.
- Create hypothesis
It has been featured and won many awards in film festivals around the nation this past year, including the Sundance Film Festival. The free screening is on Thursday, March 17 from 7:00pm – 9:00pm at the Scera Shell Grand Theatre in Orem. Click here to reserve your free tickets to attend.
11:45 - Lunch
12:45 - Adobe SLATE - Thibault Imbert (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Adobe's storytelling free app family -
- Adobe Voice - sound presentations
- Adobe Slate - easier to get a site that looks good
- Adobe Post - inspire people with pictures, customize text and look
1:15 - Morning Debrief and Extension Ideas
- UCET is really in need of volunteers to help out with all the Tech Madness! Please volunteer and pass on the opportunity to teachers in your district who are attending UCET. Here is the link. Please address questions to email@example.com.
See you at UCET!
Organizer: Kim Broadbent, firstname.lastname@example.org