Adult Roles And Responsibilities
Students will identify the various skills and responsibilities of parenting.
Explain the human reproductive process, infertility, pregnancy, and steps that lead to a healthy lifestyle.
No two human beings have ever been exactly alike. Every human being is unique. This uniqueness is first established by the combination of the parents' genes
Family Planning - Birth Defects
This discusses some family planning, birth defects, and birth defect prevention.
The basic terminology of male and female reproductive organs.
Students will understand the human reproductive process, infertility, pregnancy, and steps that lead to a
M&F Chapter 9 - Parenting Readiness
- Reasons for choosing to be a parent.
- Experiencing pregnancy and parental roles.
- Theories of child socialization and discipline.
- Evaluation of personal readiness for parenting roles and responsibilities.
- Weighing costs and benefits of becoming a parent.
- How job demands and financial readiness affect personal readiness.
- Children have an impact on the marital relationship.
- Identify parenting roles of fathers and mothers.
- Emphasize the differences between and the importance of motherhood and fatherhood.
Nutrition and Exercise During Pregnacy
From the day you were born, you began preparing yourself to become a parent. Preparation for parenthood does not begin when a couple decides to have a baby. It is a life long process that involves good eating habits and physical health which will someday influence your children.
Symptoms of pregnancy along with changes the mother will experience. Stages of pregnancy in terms of fetal development.
Students will Teach to Learn the stages of prenatal development using a booklet, replicas of the fetus at different developmental stages, and a flip chart.
http://www.uen.org - in partnership with Utah State Board of Education
(USBE) and Utah System of Higher Education
(USHE). Send questions or comments to USBE
and see the CTE/Education & Training website. For
general questions about Utah's Core Standards contact the Director
These materials have been produced by and for the teachers of the
State of Utah. Copies of these materials may be freely reproduced
for teacher and classroom use. When distributing these materials,
credit should be given to Utah State Board of Education. These
materials may not be published, in whole or part, or in any other
format, without the written permission of the Utah State Board of
Education, 250 East 500 South, PO Box 144200, Salt Lake City, Utah