Utah's Plants and Animals - Build It Yourself
Your task will be to build a diorama (a three-dimensional model inside of a box) of one of Utah's environments.
- Box (shoe box is a good size)
- Materials to represent the environment components
- Examples include:
- To build this, you could use:
- Plastic toys or figures
- Drawings on paper
- Tape or glue
- Cut a small opening in one end of the box to view the diorama.
- Cut a small opening at the top to let light in.
- Start building the diorama inside the box.
- Put taller materials (trees, mountains, etc.) at the back of the box away from the opening you look through.
- Make sure you use tape or glue to hold things in place so they do not move.
- Your goal is to make this look almost like a photograph.
- While building look through the opening to see how it appears. (Remember that your goal is to make it look similar to the real environment.)
- When you are satisfied with the look of the diorama, put the lid on the box and share it with your friends.