Heat, Light and Sound - Proving Heat Motion
Journal Entry - Take out your science journal and answer the following question(s) (use drawings as appropriate):
How can a person roast a marshmallow without actually touching the flame?
How can you prove that heat moves if you really do not see it move?
Remember how you already learned that heat energy causes particles to move.
Your goal will be to design an experiment using the following materials to demonstrate the movement of heat energy.
- One bottle
- Large round balloon
- Hot and cold tap water
Remember... the scientific method means that you should use the following steps:
- Identify the problem in the form of a question.
- Form a hypothesis which is a possible solution to the question. A hypothesis is based on prior knowledge and observations.
- Test your hypothesis by planning and carrying out an investigation.
- Display your results using graphs, tables, diagrams etc.
- Prepare a written summary or conclusion to explain if your hypothesis was correct or not.