"The goal of this University of Utah graduate course is to provide educational leaders with the knowledge
and skills necessary to promote the effective use of technology in the classroom.
Focus is given to applying theory, research, and practice to technology-based
instruction and curricular improvement."
Students will learn
- Strategies to integrate well-designed technology-based instruction in the
- School leadership functions that are necessary to implement local, state,
and national technology initiatives in schools.
- The social, ethical, and legal issues surrounding the use of technology
in schools and how technology can contribute to positive school change.
- Weekly readings & reflections
- Educational Technology Leader interviews
- Virtual Tour on Educational Technology Leadership
3 University of Utah graduate credits
This course is required for the Educational Technology Endorsement Program (ETEP).
ED PS 6445 is offered yearly during Fall semester. You must be admitted to the University of Utah as a non-matriculated student prior to registering for this course. Please contact Justin Brooksby for assistance with applying for admission and course registration.
This module will help the teacher to meet NETS*T standard I. This module will
help your students to meet NETS*S foundation standard 1.