Site Administrator responsibilities prior to and during
- Help determine specific Distance Education needs of the school or
institution. Working with site counselor, UEN Instructional Services,
and/or UEN Instructional Delivery Services.
- Select the physical site (room) which will be the Distance Education
- Coordinate and budget for institution’s portion of installation
costs, in cooperation with UEN.
- Complete and submit the Application for Services form.
- Work with UEN Instructional Delivery personnel to determine the
best technology to meet the needs of the institution.
- Select and make resources available for the Site Coordinator.
Before installation, the Administrator is responsible for
coordinating aspects of room modification preparatory to equipment
- Initiating installation of a telephone line for telephone/fax communication.
- Overseeing selection and purchase or acquisition of tables and chairs
for the room.
- Overseeing modification of the selected classroom as defined in the
preliminary letter of agreement including acoustical modifications
such as disabling intercom and bell systems, lighting modifications
such as window treatments or additional lighting, and power modifications
including isolation of circuits supplying the Distance Education classroom.
- Working with UEN, district, and local technology personnel to conduct
a network analysis to determine readiness for new technologies. Ensure
any network modifications needed are completed before installation
Following installation, the Site Administrator should:
- Sign the letter of agreement.
- Accept responsibility for the equipment, including acceptable use
Ongoing duties include being responsible for:
- Setting and administering site policies.
- Maintaining observance of UEN agreements and policies.
- Supporting Site Coordinators, including establishing site policies
compatible with UEN operation requirements and providing resources
to ensure that appropriate operational support is available for all
- Disbursing receive-site fees or authorizing disbursement of fees.
- Maintaining an inventory of UEN-supplied equipment.
- Notifying the UEN Service Representative or IDS personnel when a
new Site Coordinator is hired for the site.