Prior to the installation, the Site Counselor:
- Will review courses listed in the online UEN Distance Learning Catalog.
- Must meet with a UEN Local Service Representative to go over promotion, enrollment, and registration procedures for distance learning courses.
On-going duties include:
- Downloading and reviewing the Distance Learning Catalog each year (usually available in February) to select courses for the following academic year.
- Promoting distance learning courses to students, targeting students with a likelihood of success in learning at a distance.
- Listing desired DL courses in the school catalog.
- Submitting desired courses to UEN Service Reps or Schedulers to ensure that system resources will allow the course to be carried at the site.
- Working closely with the Site Coordinator and Site Facilitators to communicate information on schedules and gain feedback on courses received at the site.
- Contacting the program provider registrars and follow their procedures for registering students for the courses.
- Making sure that credit is given to students participating in EDNET courses.