Zoom helps businesses and organizations bring their teams together in a frictionless environment to get more done. Their easy, reliable cloud platform for video, voice, content sharing, and chat runs across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems.
How to Participate
Onboarding begins with a signed Participation Agreement. Participating charter schools or districts should complete the Agreement Request Form listing the person authorized to sign an agreement on behalf of the district or charter school. A Participation Agreement will then be sent for electronic signatures.
Please contact your District/Charter IT Director to request an account.
Zoom has been purchased through CARES Act Funding to increase accessibility for distance learning programs. It includes five years of licensing and maintenance for educators and administrators of K-12 institutions whose school or district has completed and returned a Participation Agreement with UETN.
- Unlimited 1-1 Meetings
- Meetings with no time limit
- Meetings up to 100 participants
- Telephone Dial-In
- High Quality Video, up to 720 p
- Screen Sharing
- Breakout Rooms
- HD Video & Voice
- Virtual Backgrounds
- Personal Meeting ID
- Private & Group Chat
- Host Controls
- Co-Annotation on Screen Share
- Remote Keyboard & Mouse Control
- TLS Encryption
- AES-256 Encryption for real-time content
- Waiting Room
- Assign Meeting Scheduler
- Cloud and Local Recording
- Cloud Recording Transcripts
- Live Streaming
- Integration with Interactive Video Conferencing Classrooms
- Webinar Services Meeting with over 100 participants
- Zoom Phone Services
- Enable Waiting Rooms and carefully screen all participants before allowing them to join.
- Set a passcode for your meeting
- Lock your event once all expected participants have joined
- Disable “Private Chat” between participants
- Disable “Share Screen”
- Disable “Rename Themselves”
- Mute all participants when appropriate
- Turn off annotation
- Know how to remove a participant
Securing Your Meetings
Thursdays from 3:30-4:30 PM
Quick overview of the Web Interface, Zoom Client, and Zoom Meetings w/ Q&A
The link to the training session can be found under your UETN Zoom Account.
- Go to zoom.us
- Sign in to your account
- Select “Account Profile” from the left navigation menu
- The link is found under “Account Support Information”
Recorded training by UETN’s Zoom Customer Success Rep. This training covers account settings, scheduling, security guidelines, and how to host a Zoom meeting.