UEN Security Office
Technical Services Support Center (TSSC)
Eccles Broadcast Center
101 Wasatch Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
(801) 585-6105 (fax)
2 class periods of 45 minutes each
Students will use digital camera, software, and computer applications to create a business care or ID badge for use in the lab. They will complete an activity worksheet by answering specific questions about what they have just produced. They will understand the four stages of work in the development of a message that is to be communicated (Design, Image Generation, Pre-production, and Finishing).
1- Computer (Mac or PC)
2- Printer& paper
3- Digital Camera (web cam, etc)
4- Software capable of importing & manipulating digital images. ie. Adobe Active Share, Adobe Photo Deluxe, Adobe PhotoShop, Claris Works, Apple Works, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Picture It, LivePix, etc.
The students will explore computer graphics and design while incorporating digital photography to produce a business card or ID badge.
1. Students will take a guided tour of the particular software that is loaded on their machine. If there is a tutorial or Wizard have them complete this.
2. Students will then become familiar w/the digital camera and its software. They will snap several images for use in their card and save to disk.
3. After familiarizing themselves w/the digital camera, software, and computer applications, the students will create a new publication in their software package.
4. This publication must include information on a business card or student ID badge, which will include a digital picture and one clip art image.
5. After completing their product, the student will print and laminate their card or badge using the laminator provided by the instructor.
The students will now be able to create a number of computer graphic design products. They will be able to create cards, banners, flyers, etc. and manage digital images in a variety of software formats.