2 class periods of 60 minutes each
Students will use a textbook to trace the scientific development of a theory. They will then create visuals, which represent the development of that theory.
Student Prior Knowledge
Students need no prior knowledge. This is a good introductory activity to the Big Bang and the nature of science.
- Obtain needed supplies.
- Find the sections in your textbook which cover the nature of science (usually the first chapter) and the sections on the development of the theory of the Big Bang and how ideas concerning the universe have changed over time.
- Fill in the page numbers on the student sheets.
- Give students the student sheet and allow them to read through the activity.
- Go through the examples with the students.
- Allow students time to complete the assignment.
- Have students present their posters to you.
Use this rubric:
Lesson Design by Jordan School District Teachers and Staff.