2 class periods of 45 minutes each
This activity requires a CD titled "The Theory of Plate Tectonics" by Tasa Graphic Arts, Inc. The worksheet provided could be used for any software program if you have others available.
- CD titled "The Theory of Plate Tectonics" by Tasa Graphic Arts, Inc. OR other similar software. (The software is available for preview from Barbara Gentry at JSD and is not an expensive program ($70). It is reasonably engaging for students and has accurate information presented in an interactive manner.)
- computer lab or computer and projector for class viewing
- student worksheet (attached)
- Explain computer lab rules to students. Assign seats if necessary.
- Hand out assignments and explain the chapter (or however the program is organized) system and how to write down what you now know that you didn't know before.
- Minus points are designed to document behavior issues. Any student receiving more than three checks on these lines should be removed from class. The grade for the assignment should reflect lost points for behavior.
- Summarize the assignment by having students read what they have written about what they learned.
Lesson Design by Jordan School District Teachers and Staff.