1 class periods of 45 minutes each
Students will explore a web game that identifies sources of carbon and the changes it goes through as it travels the carbon cycle.
Background for Teachers
This is a good introductory lesson.
- Hand out student sheet (attached).
- Go over the procedures.
- Have students log on to the following website: Carbon Cycle Game
- Give students time to work
- Discuss analysis questions.
- CO2, water vapor, methane & nitrous oxide -- all these molecules vibrate when they absorb heat, they help keep heat in the atmosphere
- Photosynthesis is the process by which plants or other autotrophs take water and carbon dioxide and change it into sugar and oxygen
- answers will vary
- No, carbon will cycle forever
- Answers will vary
- More greenhouse gases in the atmosphere
Lesson Design by Jordan School District Teachers and Staff.