Science - Earth Science
Standard 4 Objective 1
1 class periods of 90 minutes each
Students will design a 6 to 9 panel cartoon in story form to explain the steps and processes of the water cycle.
Students should be familiar with the steps of the water cycle. They should know the reservoirs that store water and how the sun runs the cycle. They should understand that one water molecule could go through the cycle many times or stay in one part of the cycle.
1. 6-10 panels ..6-10
2. correctly explaining evaporation, condensation, runoff, precipitation, transpiration ..5
3. correctly explaining how the sun's energy drives evaporation and transpiration .. 2
4. explaining above in a story with a narrator, cartoon style .. .5
5. including ocean, ice cap/glacier, lake, river, atmosphere, groundwater, biosphere 7
6. Answer the analysis questions ..4
Lesson Design by Jordan School District Teachers and Staff.