1 class periods of 45 minutes each
Students will navigate through a web site in order to learn about the Exxon Valdez oil spill and its environmental impacts.
- computers with Internet access
- Teacher will introduce the topic of the biological dynamics of the oceans and the flow of energy through the oceans.
- Direct all students to the website What Happens When an Oil Spill Occurs?
- Students will answer all of the questions found on the site's slideshow about the Exxon Valdez on their own paper.
- Teacher will lead the class in a discussion of the environment threats to our oceans.
Lesson Design by Jordan School District Teachers and Staff.