1 class periods of 60 minutes each
Students will chose a favorite food and create a poster or brochure to describe the source of this food, it's health benefits and it's cost to the environment.
- computers OR
- markers and
- Ask students to visualize eating one of their favorite foods. Ask them to write down what that is.
- Ask them to predict:
- Where it comes from.
- Whether it is good for them and why.
- What effect its' production has on the environment (fertilizer intensive, long distance to transport, amount of refrigeration).
- Describe the product you wish the students to make as they research in depth the answers to these questions. If you are using computers making a brochure or poster, you may have to group students in groups of 2. Otherwise this assignment should be done individually.
- Tell the students that they will be asked to share their product with classmates by posting them on the wall, giving a brief oral report or trading them around the room.
- Provide a copy of the rubric to guide student work.
Lesson Design by Jordan School District Teachers and Staff.