2 class periods of 60 minutes each
Students will research about a symbiotic relationship between 2 organisms. They will then present their relationship to the class. In a charades type format.
Student Prior Knowledge
Students should be introduced to symbiotic relationships.
- As students walk into the classroom let them choose a piece of paper that has the name of an organism on it. The organisms are printed below.
- Instruct student that the organism they have chosen participates in a symbiotic relationship with another organism in the classroom.
- Students should research their organism on the Internet or from the books to find their partner in the classroom.
- They should write a paragraph describing this relationship
- After 30 minutes of research you may want to help students who are struggling to find their match in the classroom
- Students should then practice acting out their relationship with their "buddy".
- Gather as a class. Play charades with each pair acting out their relationship silently. The other students should try to guess the type of symbiotic relationship and describe the relationship.
Lesson Design by Jordan School District Teachers and Staff.