1 class periods of 60 minutes each
Students will create a "dance" that uses everyone in the class to model a cell undergoing mitosis.
- fabric pieces, two of several different colors. Large enough to act like a head scarf or cap.
- A room with the desks pushed aside or a common room with empty space.
- A video camera is optional.
- Tell the students that they will be learning the mitosis dance and that they will invent the "steps". You may wish to nominate or elect a couple of classroom leaders.
- Turn the task over to the students and tell them that they will have 15 minutes to design and practice the task. If you have a video camera, tell them their final product will be taped.
- Allow students time to work.
- When the time is up, ask students to present their work. Tape if desired.
Everyone gets 100% for an accurate model.
Lesson Design by Jordan School District Teachers and Staff.