1 class periods of 70 minutes each
Students will use the properties of elements to create a periodic table.
- 1 Student sheet (attached) per group
- 1 elements sheet (attached) per group
- construction paper to glue the cards on
- Cover any visible periodic tables in your room. Run off papers.
- Discuss the introduction with students. Read directions.
- Allow students time to work with their partner. Be ready to check off their work as they finish.
- After students work is checked off, have them double check it to a periodic table and use the marker to label the groups and periods.
1. Students work in pairs to complete table
2. Students correctly label their table
3. Students answer analysis questions completely and correctly
Lesson Design by Jordan School District Teachers and Staff.