1 class periods of 45 minutes each
Students will read an article, summarize it, and then answer questions about it.
- Ask students to describe in a pair/share activity, an accident/mistake that they made when they made an assumption about a substance or chemical. Give an example from your experience.
- Ask a few students to share their experiences.
- Read the introduction to the students and discuss.
- Have the students read the article & summarize it, then answer the questions.
- In groups of 3-4 students have them read the sentences from the text, and come to a conclusion about the questions as a group.
Lesson Design by Jordan School District Teachers and Staff.