1 class periods of 90 minutes each
Students will design an experiment that enables them to decide which metals will displace each other from solution and displace hydrogen from an acid.
- student instructions/worksheet (attached)
- strips of copper, magnesium and zinc metals
- sand paper of cleaning the metal strips
- 1 M solutions of Cu(NO3)2, Mg(NO3)2 , Zn(NO3)2 , HCl
- hand lens
- Prepare the solutions ahead of time.
- Read the instructions on the student instruction/worksheet (attached) with students and define terms if needed.
- Allow students time to work
- Ask students to share their findings with the class.
Lesson Design by Jordan School District Teachers and Staff.