Strand 1 Standard 1
2 class periods of 45 minutes each
Students will summarize information learned from previous lessons, and apply them to their own project: redesigning their own bedrooms.
Graph paper, rulers, scissors, glue, nice paper, black marking pens, magazines to cut out, wallpaper, carpet and/or fabric samples, colored pencils, copies of templates
This is the final project for the Interior Design unit.
Knowledge of color, design principles, furniture, and floorplans.
Students will apply all they have learned into a final project.
1. Draw an accurate floor plan of a bedroom including walls, windows, doors, a closet, with a key to scale.
2. Arrange furniture templates to create good traffic zones, 3 zone areas, and use space adequately.
1. Design and decorate the bedroom.
2. Choose a mood/theme for the room.
3. Choose a color scheme from a pattern and use light, medium, and dark colors.
4. Choose a variety of fabrics and textures.
5. Choose accessories that match the mood/theme.
6. Find and cut 2" pictures, swatches of fabric or wallpaper of what the following will look like: the walls/wallpaper and woodwork, curtains, carpet, bedspread, pillows/accents, 4 accessories, etc.
The project will be 2-pages long: a 1-page floor plan, and 1 page of interior decoration. Points will be given for meeting the above objectives, being professional (nice and neat), and showing effort.
Grades for the final assignments will be based on the information on the attachment.
Submitted by Valarie Shaw.