Interior Design II
Strand 5 Standard 3
1 class periods of 90 minutes each
Discuss the different types and styles of furniture and complete a furniture project.
1. Types of Furniture power point presentation.
2. Furniture styles handout
3. Furniture styles KEY
4. Create your own furniture assignment.
Be familiar with the Types of Furniture power point presentation.
Students will create their own line of furniture with details to match each piece.
1. Explain that there are many different types of furniture, such as sofas, chairs, beds, etc. Within each type of furniture, there are many styles of furniture.
2. Show the power point on Types of Furniture, and while discussing all the different types, have students put the name of the particular piece of furniture next to the furniture.
3. Go over furniture styles worksheet and make sure the students have all the correct names of furniture listed.
4. Hand out the create your own furniture handout and explain the assignment to the students. When the furniture is completed, have the students share their results with the class.
See assessment on the Create your own bedroom worksheet.
USOE Interior Design Curriculum