1 class periods of 30 minutes each
Students will recognize perpendicular and parallel lines.
Students will need:
- colored pencils or pens
- metric ruler
Background for Teachers
Knowledge of perpendicular and parallel lines.
Notes on definitions.
Students need to take out all of the above materials.
Answer the following questions:
- Draw a line segment that is 9cm long. Label the endpoints A and B.
- Beginning at A, draw a line segment perpendicular to AB that is 5 cm long.Label the endpoint C.
- Beginning at B, draw a line segment perpendicular to AB that is 5cm long and on the same side of AB as AC. Label the endpoint D.
- Draw CD.
Design your own business card in this space.
- Which two segments are parallel?
- Which segments are perpendicular?
- What is the angle between AB and AC?
- Is this true for all angles between the perpendicular lines?
- If AB is 9cm, how long is CD?
Create your own business card and turn it in for 10 points!
Homework: pg 33-34, #5-16