You won't want to miss the many UEN sessions. This year's theme: UCET: Tech Elevated.
National Volunteer Week
A week to recognize the important work that volunteers do every day.
for more information.
Global Youth Service Day
An annual campaign to mobilize millions of youth to improve their communities through service and volunteering.
A day intended to inspire awareness of and appreciation for the Earth's environment.
UEN Staff Picks
A personalized college math readiness application designed to help learners test their college readiness, see study options, and gain a personalized learning path to fill in knowledge gaps.
Professional Learning Series
USOE, with the support of UEN, is offering a wide variety of high quality professional development opportunities. (Registration begins April 1 for all subjects except for Math.)
- A Poet's Search for Words
- Art Connection: Beat Poets, The Poet and The American and Rhythmic
- Beowulf and the Roots of Anglo-Saxon Poetry
- In Search of Shakespeare: The Duty of Poets
- Poetry Everywhere Series
- Writing Poetry - Returning Home for Inspiration
- Climate Science Series
- Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood: Neighborhood Cleanup / Clean Up Time
- Digital Science Online: Earth's Natural Resources, Ecosystem Dynamics, Environmental Problems and Solutions
- Going to Green Series
- Green Careers Series
- Digital Science Online: Plate Tectonics
- Heads Up: What's an Earthquake?
- NASA SCI Files: The Case of the Shaky Quake
- NOVA: Deadliest Earthquakes
- Plate Tectonics: Transform fault
- Waves: Seismic Waves
- Volcanoes and Earthquakes Series
The State of Our Kids: The Early Years
March 31, 2015 at 8:00 p.m.
April 14, 2015 at 8:00 p.m.
Ten percent of Utah children live in poverty. This program explores the compelling human side of those statistics, through three Utah lives: a divorced LDS woman who faced the difficulties of being a single mother of four boys; a 14-year-old girl with a three-month-old baby, who is involved in a home visitation program aimed at helping vulnerable, first-time mothers; and a Utah family who are part of an early childhood program where the parent becomes the child's most influential teacher.