UEN Staff Picks
Utah National Parks
Some of the most amazing national parks are in Utah. If you can't find time to visit them in person - then visit them virtually.
April 23:The Wonder of Will LIVE
Join UEN, the Utah State Libraries and the Salt Lake City Public Library in celebrating William Shakespeare and his extraordinary legacy on the 400th anniversary of his death. Learn more...
Utah's Online Library
Amazing Resources in Utah's Online Library
- Digital Science Online - English and Spanish
- Gale Kids InfoBits, Research in Context and Reference Collection
- LearningExpress Library
- World Book Kids, Student, Timelines, Discover and Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos
App of the Month
Earthquake by American Red Cross
This App will help you be ready for earthquakes. Get notifications and alerts when earthquakes occur, prepare your family and home, find help and let others know you are safe even if the power is out.
UEN Professional Development TV
UEN PDTV is on demand, YouTube hosted, streaming professional development for teachers in the state of Utah. These 10 minute episodes will focus on the latest tech tools and resources built around standards-based technology integration in the classroom.
Commons is a learning object repository that enables educators to find, import, and share resources with the public or within their institution.
Did you know UtahFutures has a test prep suite called LearningExpress Library which offers an
extensive and continuously revised library of practice tests and tutorials to help you excel in
school and the workforce? Plus, it's FREE and has courses written in Spanish as well. This resource can also be accessed via Utah's Online Library
Note: UIMC+ is listed with a (+).
Earth Day – Climate Science series
- Episode 1: A Sick Planet
- Episode 2: What is Climate?
- Episode 3: Evidence of a Warming Planet
- Episode 4: Why is the Earth Heating Up?
- Episode 5: Where Does Carbon Dioxide Come From?
- Episode 6: Climate Change in the American West
- Episode 7: Climate Change Around the World
- Episode 8: Rapid Climate Change and the Oceans
- Episode 9: Climate of the Future is in our Hands
- Episode 10: How the World Can Tackle Climate Change
- Episode 11: You Can Make a Difference
Spring, Eggs and Bunnies
- Reading Rainbow: Rechenka's Eggs
- Reading Rainbow: Chickens Aren't the Only Ones
- Reading Rainbow: Saturday Sancocho
- SuperWhy!: Peter Rabbit
- Reading Rainbow: The Bionic Bunny Show
- Reading Rainbow: The Furry News
- Knuffle Bunny
- Reading to Your Bunny
- The Number Crew: Spring Cleaning
- The Number Crew: Spring Cleaning - Spanish.
Stress Awareness Month
- This is ONLY a Test! Show 1 - Don’t Stress the Test
- Scientific American Frontiers: Worried Sick
- My Hometown: Cherish The Gift
Tuesday & Thursday at 5:00 p.m.
Host, JuniKae Randall, travels the country to capture stories and scenes of American Indian culture. Each episode includes cultural performances featuring traditional and contemporary artists as well as storytellers.
National Parks - Beyond The Crowds
Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.
Today, national parks are more crowded than ever, attracting visitors from around the world. Each year, millions line up to visit Utah's national parks, and solitude is increasingly rare. But, beyond the iconic landscapes is a collection of diverse national monuments, historic sites, and smaller parks that offer remarkable experiences. This KUED special highlights the hidden wonders outside of Utah's national parks.
The National Parks: America’s Best Idea
April 25-30, 2016 at 8:00 p.m.
This six-episode series produced by Ken Burns and Dayton Duncan was filmed over the course of more than six years at some of nature's most spectacular locales - from Acadia to Yosemite, Yellowstone to the Grand Canyon, the Everglades of Florida to the Gates of the Arctic in Alaska.