UEN Staff Picks
Making the Most of Your Social Studies Field Trips
The Utah State Legislature awarded funds to enable schools to visit the Utah State Capitol. These funds will pay for the transportation costs for a field trip. Complete the application and find other field trip ideas.
Critical Thinking. Serious Fun
The Natural History Museum of Utah (NHMU) developed this program engages students in a series of web-based research investigations.
Bad Air Day Game
Take charge with Bad Air Day
and make critical decisions about air pollution policies in Utah.
Utah's Online Library
Utah's Online Library
It's official! The resource formerly known as "Pioneer Online Library" will be renamed "Utah's Online Library" on Feb. 29. (onlinelibrary.uen.org)
App of the Month
The SafeUT Crisis Text and Tip Line app provides 24/7 access to crisis counseling or tip reporting for youth in the state of Utah. After installing the app you can connect directly to the UNI CrisisLine or report a confidential tip on bullying, school threats of violence or concern about someone in crisis.
Note: UIMC+ is listed with a (+).
Women's History Month
- A History of Women's Achievement in America series
- Utah NOW: Makers - Voices of Utah Women Makers series
- Utah: The Struggle for Statehood – The Right to Vote
- Not for Ourselves Alone: The Story of Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony. Part 02.
- American Experience: Fly Girls
- Liberty's Kids: Episode 34-Deborah Samson
- American Experience: One Woman, One Vote
- Gathered in Time
- Reading Rainbow: Ruth Law Thrills a Nation
- American Experience: Amelia Earhart
National Nutrition Month
- Healthy Eating: A Guide to Nutrition - Basic Nutrition (+)
- Healthy Eating: A Guide to Nutrition - Nutrition for Sports and Exercise (+)
- Visual Learning: Nutrition Basics
- MyPlate and You: Learning About Nutrition
- Bill Nye the Science Guy: Nutrition (+)
- The Amazing Human Body: Essential Nutrition
- Digital Science Online: Nutrition Basics
Red Cross Month
- Digital Science Online: Safety in Science
- Real Life 101: Public Speakers (Red Cross)
- A History of Women's Achievement in America: 3 - Women Speak Out (foundation of the Red Cross)
MHz Worldview 9.2
Everyday at 5:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
Up-to-the-minute news bulletins with the latest news, business, finance, sport, current affairs, weather, and live breaking news as it happens.
Tuesdays, March 22 at 11:00 p.m.
This special examines the many roots of the Latino dropout crisis through the eyes of six inspiring young students who are part of an ongoing effort to increase graduation rates for a growing Latino population. These student profiles offer a first-hand perspective on the challenges facing many Latino high school students, including over-crowded schools, crime-ridden neighborhoods, teen pregnancy and pressure to contribute to the family finances.