September 2017 Highlights
September is Attendance Awareness Month. Visit Attend Today Achieve Tomorrow for resources.
September 15-October 15 is National Hispanic Heritage Month
National Arts in Education Week
This is a good opportunity to prepare students for American Civics Education Initiative (S.B. 60) - a graduation requirement for Utah Students.
UEN's got your back with Back-To-School. That means you can count on us for great resources for teaching the Core. Utah's Online Library, Apps4Edu, eMedia and online tools are designed with and for Utah teachers.
Research In Context is designed for middle grade students and brings together authoritative, multimedia content on a student-friendly, and mobile-responsive interface.
This App offers teachers a free, safe and easy-to-use way to instantly text students and parents. Teachers can send or schedule reminders, assignments, homework, assessments, or motivational messages directly to students' and parents' phones.
- Financial Fitness for Young Adults. Saving Here, Saving Now
- Financial Fitness for Young Adults. Identity Theft: Protecting Your Identity.
- ¢ents & $ensibility - Women & Money: A Man is Not a Financial Plan
- StepUp Utah: Paying for College
- Schoolhouse Rock: Money Rock
- Show Me The Money: Currencies & Types Of Money
- Sign with Robert: Episode 6 - Deaf History
- Sign with Robert: Episode 4 - Deaf Culture
- Sign with Robert: Episode 21 - Communication
- Sign with Robert: Episode 23 - Numbers
- The Sign Language Storytelling Series: A Pocket for Corduroy
- The Sign Language Storytelling Series: Little Quack
This month's themes: Citizen Science, Arts and Hispanic Heritage Month. Programs include A Crowd & the Cloud, Arts in Context and Beyond LaBomba.
A new 10-part, 18-hour documentary film series directed by Ken Burns and Lynn Novick, will premiere September 17, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. on KUED. The first five episodes will air nightly from Sunday, September 17, through Thursday, September 21, and the final five episodes will air nightly from Sunday, September 24, through Thursday, September 28.