35 Years Ago - 1984 January 25: President Ronald Reagan directed NASA to build an international space station "within a decade" in his State of the Union address. Learn more about the International Space Station:
NASA Education Site
ISS Education Site
Opening Day of the 2019 Utah Legislature
often to stay on top of proposed bills and legislation. This is a great civics opportunity for students.
UEN Staff Picks
Tool of the Month
Help students assess their career options with real-time data from the Utah Department of Workforce Services! Go to UtahFutures.org’s “Occupation Search,” view an Occupation and click on the Job Outlook tab.
App of the Month
Now online at mission-us.org
, the updated version features upgraded technology, new designs, new content, and new features to enhance learning and support struggling learners.
BYU Independent Study Resources
UEN has partnered with BYU Independent Study to provide over 100 complete Canvas high school courses to be used for blended classes. These courses are aligned to Utah Core standards and are free to all Utah public and charter schools. To learn more watch this video
Healthy New Year
- Art Connection: Dance for Health
- Ask Smithsonian: Why Do We Sleep?
- EarthSky Podcasts: Benjamin Levine's study supports rowing for astronaut fitness
- NASA Connect: Better Health from Space to Earth
- Utah Women and Education: Mental Health Benefits of Higher Education
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- 20th Century Turning Points in U.S. History. Maps and Documents. "I Have a Dream" Speech by Martin Luther King Jr..
- American Experience: Citizen King
- Frontline: A Class Divided
- In Remembrance of Martin
- Mr. Civil Rights: Thurgood Marshall and the NAACP
UEN-TV January 2019 Highlights
- We are Superman - Saturday, January 19 at 8 p.m.
A Kansas City community battles against prejudicial legislation, exploitative corporations, and a stereotype that has stigmatized the urban core since the suburban revolution.
- With Infinite Hope- Wednesday, January 23 at 9 p.m.
Explore the pivotal events which took place in the seemingly obscure year of 1619 that have both bedeviled and helped define the United States.
- Promise to My Father- Saturday, January 26 at 8 p.m.
A Holocaust survivor returns to Europe to tour concentration camps and memorials.
NHK World-Japan 9.4
Not To Miss
In this New Year, celebrate a new channel, NHK
. UEN's newest channel
is available over the air on digital channel 9.4, or on Comcast channels 389 and 1152. Among its offerings is "The Great Summits,
"which shows breathtaking views and stories behind famous mountains around the world.