September 2019 Highlights
Themes / Events
September is Attendance Awareness Month. Visit Attend Today Achieve Tomorrow for resources.
September 15 - October 15 is National Hispanic Heritage Month.
eduroam Roll out
UETN is partnering with eduroam to provide easy and secure network access when visiting academic institutions around the United States.
National Arts in Education Week
The first day of fall is September 27. The nights will be getting longer and the days shorter. Explore these seasonal cycles with articles provided by UEN.
UEN has resources to help teachers throughout the school year. For Cradle to Career learning, we have you covered.
The early learning series Yana & Egbert offers great STEM lessons to help young learners use scientific thinking as they explore imaginary worlds. Concepts such as random and selective sampling, guesses and hypotheses, and confounded and informative evidence are presented in fun and creative everyday situations.
Help students get off to a great start with Utah's Online Library.
UEN offers ISTE certification for teachers, library media specialists, administrators and education leaders. The online course helps educators integrate technology into the classroom in a meaningful way. Next class begins November 7-8.
On Sept. 9, Utah Futures will announce major updates at the Utah System of Higher Education annual school counselor conference. Register Now.
- ¢ents & $ensibility - Women & Money: Show Me the Money
- Financial Fitness for Young Adults: Identity Theft: Protecting Your Identity
- Financial Fitness for Young Adults: Saving Here, Saving Now
- Schoolhouse Rock: Money Rock
- Show Me the Money: Self Development
- StepUp Utah: Paying for College
- Sign with Robert: Episode 21 - Communication
- Sign with Robert: Episode 23 - Numbers
- Sign with Robert: Episode 4 - Deaf Culture
- Sign with Robert: Episode 6 - Deaf History
- The Sign Language Storytelling Series: A Pocket for Corduroy
- The Sign Language Storytelling Series: Little Quack
- Insecta: Science that Stings
- Sweden: Lessons for America?
Wednesday, September 4 at 8:00 p.m
Dive into the devastation wrought by Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria. How can scientists better predict these storms, and what does the 2017 season tell us about the likelihood of similar storms in the future?