July 2020 Highlights
Thank you for all your hard work to help Utah learners through these uncertain times. View the many resources available for online teaching and learning.
Keep Children Reading All Summer Long
Utah Rural Schools Summer Conference
Postponed until 2021
Governor's Native American Summit
On August 1, 2020 the password for Utah's Online Library Home Access will change. Discover the new password by visiting onlinelibrary.uen.org from a school computer or by calling (800) 866-5852 or contact us.
Please share this information with Utah students, but do not post it on a public website.
In this episode of UEN Homeroom we're talking with Dr. Allison Martin and Kody Colvin, both educators/administrators in the Salt Lake School District and members of FAM (Friends, Allies, and Mentors of the LGTBQ+ Community. During our conversation we focus on topics like: the key issues schools need to address when it comes to addressing the needs of LGBTQ+ students, improving our school culture to be more inclusive, ways teachers can help LGTBQ+ students feel safe at school, and more.
Spring 2020 has fundamentally changed the way many of us think about education and how students will learn in the future. None of us knows exactly what the learning environment will be, but we do know Utah Educators will rise to Reimagine Learning. Join us July 29 from 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Now more than ever, effectively integrating technology into teaching and learning is an essential competency for educators whether learning is taking place in person, in blended settings or fully online. ISTE’s Summer Learning Academy will guide K-12 educators as they prepare to return to a school system that's likely to include a significant online learning component by providing evidence-based strategies for teaching online.
- 10 Buildings That Changed America
- American Experience: Journey to America
- Destination America: The Art of Departure
- Destination America: The Golden Door
- Liberty's Kids: Ep. 13: The First Fourth of July
- Reading Rainbow: My America
- Schoolhouse Rock: America Rock
- A Peoples' History of Utah: The New Pioneers
- A Peoples' History of Utah: The First Utahns
- Geography of Utah: Early History & Planning
- Travel Thru History: Salt Lake City
- Utah NOW: Voices of Utah Women
- Utah: The Struggle for Statehood
- We Shall Remain: The Ute
Wednesday, July 4 at 7:00 p.m and 8:30 p.m.
Celebrate America's 243rd birthday with an all-star musical extravaganza and amazing fireworks.