November 2020 Highlights
Themes / Events
National American Indian Heritage Month is a time to honor the contributions, achievements and cultural and legacy of the original inhabitants of what is now the United States.
Attend a FREE community Film Screening. The Native American Film Festival will screen award-winning films to celebrate Native American Heritage Month. Presentations will be held across the state from Ogden to St. George. A highlight will be the showing of “Healing the Warrior’s Heart,” an award-winning documentary produced by KUED. Join UEN at Dixie State University on November 12.
EdCamp is a form of unconference designed specifically for teachers and their needs. Built on principles of connected and participatory learning, Edcamp strives to bring teachers together to talk about the things that matter most.
50th anniversary of Sesame Street. How has Sesame Street changed your life?
In honor of our Veterans take a moment to learn about the History of Veterans Day, stroll the Veterans Day Poster Gallery and watch high quality programs on UEN-TV.
The Library of Congress developed a Thanksgiving Primary Source Set which includes background information, teaching ideas and additional resources.
Teachers across Utah’s 41 school districts and more than 100 charter schools will now have access to special pricing for Nearpod’s library.
Utah educators can get licenses for Zoom or Webex thanks to a 5-year agreement between UEN and these providers.
A collection of short classroom activities that utilize one or more of the Utah's Online Library products.
- Korean War Stories
- SciTech Now: Prosthetics (Segment)
- SciTech Now: Veteran Entrepreneurship (Segment)
- Utah World War II Stories
- Veterans Lecture Series
- A Peoples' History of Utah: The First Utahns, Utah's Indians in the 1800s, Utah's Indians and the Spaniards
- American Experience: We Shall Remain
- Great Museums: Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian
- KUED's We Shall Remain: Goshutes, Navajos, Northwestern Shoshones, Paiutes, Utes Surviving Columbus
- The Long Walk
- Walking in Two Worlds
Don't miss: Programs in honor of Veterans Day and programs in support of American Indian Heritage month.
Career Education Real Life 101: Follow professionals from a wide range of occupations as they show you what real life on the job looks like. Watch on on UEN-TV Tuesdays & Thursdays at 3 p.m.
- Coming of Age in Aging America: More Americans are living longer. How does this affect society? Watch November 10 at 9 p.m.
- The Jazzy Vegetarian: Learn more about healthy eating and staying on the path towards wellness. Fridays at 4:30 p.m.
A moving look into the history, operation, and legacy of the federal Indian Boarding School system.