1 class period that runs 45 minutes.
Students will explore the Support Services Career Pathway using articles in the Health Careers Planner (HCP).
Main Curriculum Tie:
Career and Technical Education Introduction
Standard 2 Objective 1
Students will explore education and training in the High School to College and Career Pathways.
- Classroom set of American Careers--Health Careers Planner (HCP)
- The American Careers - Health Careers Planner can be purchased at Career Communications, Inc. 6701 West 64th Street Overland Park, KS 66202 (913) 362-7788 http://www.carcom.com
Background For Teachers:
There is an American Careers-HCP Teaching Guide, but it is better suited for the high school level, not 7-8th grade level. There are two good surveys included that could be revised and used if wanted: “General Attitude Survey” and “Performance Assessments”. Also the glossary could be of use for you and/or your students.
Intended Learning Outcomes:
Students will review and describe various support services careers.
- Read pages 33-38 from the HCP, including the articles on: "Central Sterile Processing Department Manager", "Biomedical Engineering", Administrative Director of Materials Management" and "Environmental Services Director"
- Read two of the support services careers and briefly describe them. Description should include basic job description, educational requirements, personal/professional qualifications needed, etc.
- Optional: Using the Internet, search answers to "Name the Job" on page 39 of the HCP. Answers to the "Name the Job" activity are located on page 39 of the HCP.
Created Date :
Sep 01 2004 19:22 PM