UEN Security Office
Technical Services Support Center (TSSC)
Eccles Broadcast Center
101 Wasatch Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
(801) 585-6105 (fax)
Main Curriculum Tie:
Background For Teachers:
2. Tell the class that each student needs to gather at least one page of information about their hero. They may use their history book, Internet, encyclopedia etc. Give them the rest of the 45 minutes to start their research.
Second Class Period
2. Give each group about 25 minutes to share the information they have gathered. This new group should decide exactly what information they want to share with their original group, and how they will present it. Have them write the main ideas on their own the poster board. (Each student in this group will need to be able to go back to their original group and, using the group poster, make a 5 minute presentation on their hero).
3. Have each student go back to their original group and give an oral report about their hero while the other students in the group evaluate the presentation with the rubric.
7. Collect the poster boards and go over each one. Talk about why each of these people is a hero. Hang the poster boards up in the room.
8. Talk about one aspect of each person's life that students may want to incorporate in their own lives.
Created Date :