(1/2 IT day) This lesson summarizes the computer terminology and concepts for the basic computers unit in the business TLC section.
NOTE - This is not a complete lesson plan, only a compliation of resources for business teachers to use when they teach the basic computer hardware unit.
Main Curriculum Tie:
Career and Technical Education Introduction
Standard 8 Objective 3
Explore the relationship and impact of information technology and digital media in today's technology world.
See the resources in the web sites section.
Background For Teachers:
See the IT TLC site above.
Student Prior Knowledge:
Intended Learning Outcomes:
The intended learning outcome is that students learn the basic hardware components of a computer.
1) Review the hardware components of a computer. See graphic in web sites section and Kids Online site.
2) Review terminology definitions on IT TLC web site. See IT TLC web site. See the How PCs work for more detailed information.
3) View the animation of how a PC works from power up to shut down. See animation on how PCs work web site.
4) Discuss proper care of a computer. See the system care guide for more detailed information.
5) Review IT career options in the information support and services program area. See the Technical Support and Database Administrator web sites.
Created Date :
Aug 03 2002 18:12 PM