6 class periods that run 30 minutes each.
Using a web site of counties, students will find information, fill out a story board, and create a power point about a particular county.
Main Curriculum Tie:
Educational Technology - (Grades 3-5)Standard 5
Use technology tools (e.g., multimedia authoring, presentation, web tools, digital cameras, scanners) for individual and collaborative writing, communication, and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom. (3, 4)
Background For Teachers:
- Knowledge of multimedia program such as Power Point.
- Knowledge of how to get pictures from the Internet(right click on picture and choose copy and then paste in document, OR right click and save picture as and save to desktop and then insert in Power Point). Or use the Screen Book tutorial below
- If you have never used Power Point, please take two extra class periods and use the following website to teach with.
Student Prior Knowledge:
Understanding of multimedia program.
Intended Learning Outcomes:
Creation of multimedia presentation. Understanding of history of Utah's counties.
- Hand out county story board worksheet.
- Have student take sheet to computer lab.
- Use county web site to research and fill in story board.
- Once story board is completed, begin multimedia presentation.
- If necessary spend time using Power Point tutorial website.
- It should take 20 to 30 minutes for students to create each slide.
Strategies For Diverse Learners:
For gifted students, they could research more and add a few more slides to presentation. For resource students or struggling students, team them up with a partner to create presentation.
Created Date :
Jul 07 2002 22:04 PM