1 class period that runs 30 minutes.
Introduction to Health Care Careers through a short interest inventory located in the Health Careers Planner (HCP).
Main Curriculum Tie:
Career and Technical Education Introduction
Standard 1 Objective 3
Assess and apply interests, personal skills, aptitudes and abilities to education planning and future career decisions.
- Classroom set of American Careers--Health Careers Planner (HCP).
- Duplicate copies of "Make an Inventory of Your Interests" from page 5 of the HCP.
- The American Careers - Health Careers Planner can be purchased at Career Communications, Inc. 6701 West 64th Street Overland Park, KS 66202 (913) 362-7788 http://www.carcom.com
Background For Teachers:
There is an American Careers-HCP Teaching Guide, but it is better suited for the high school level not 7-8th grade level. There are two good surveys included that could be revised and used if wanted: “General Attitude Survey” and “Performance Assessments”. Also the glossary could be of use for you and/or your students.
Intended Learning Outcomes:
Students will explore their personal interests in various Health Care careers.
- Read pages 2-3 in the HCP.
- Complete the inventory "Make an Inventory of Your Interests" provided by the instructor. (copied from page 5 in the HCP)
- Determine the top two personality types and list on the inventory as instructed.
- Choose 3-5 careers from the lists under the different personality types on pages 6-7 in the HCP.
- Research salaries of each of the chosen careers using pages 15, 24, 32, 39, and 44 in the HCP.
Created Date :
Sep 01 2004 19:16 PM