You can get on-demand support and assistance by contacting our UETN Video Operations Center at 800-863-3496, opt. 1, opt. 1 Mon-Fri 6:00 AM-10:00 PM, Sat 8:00 AM-12:00 PM
Perform a network and computer hardware self-test:
- Open a browser and go to https://test.webrtc.org/
- This self-test will test your microphone, camera and network connectivity and throughput.
- Perform a network speed test
- Open a browser and go to: http://speedtest.uen.net/
- Contact the UETN Video Operations center at 800-863-3497, opt. 1, opt. 1 to have a live technician set up a quick test event to check out your connection capabilities, audio and video quality.
Issues connecting using the information provided?
- Double check your meeting link and/or meeting ID to ensure that any part of the link or ID has not been omitted.
- Check with your course provider to ensure the link has not been changed since you last joined.
- Contact the UETN Video Operations Center, they may be able to provide updated information or links regarding the course or meeting.
Not seeing any video from other participants?
- Ask other participants to enable their cameras.
- Try disconnecting, closing/restarting your browser and/or closing/restarting your computer
Camera or mic not working?
- Ensure there are no other applications running that may already be using the camera such as Skype, Zoom, Google meet, etc.
- Ensure that you have selected the camera in your settings icon.
- If using an external camera/mic, try disconnecting and reconnecting the device.
- You may need to update the device drivers to ensure it is running the latest firmware and software updates.
Experiencing poor quality audio or video?
- You may be having local network bandwidth issues. This could be due to many different factors:
- Others in your home are using network bandwidth from their personal computers or devices. You might ask them to refrain from using high bandwidth applications such as Netflix, Youtube, video game consoles, etc. while you are attending your course/meeting.
- Your ISP may be experiencing throughput issues. You can do a speed test by going to http://speedtest.uen.net/
- Wired or wireless; check to see if your experience might be improved by switching to a wired or wireless connection depending upon which mode you may be experiencing issues with.
- Your computer's CPU may be getting taxed by other open, running applications.
- Be sure to close out of any other unnecessary applications you won't need at the time.
Meet the Logistics Team
Salt Lake County, Tooele County and South
Davis County North and Uintah Basin