UEN Professional Development TV
UEN PDTV is on-demand, streaming professional development for teachers in the state of Utah. Each episode will focus on how educators are implementing Utah's education technology competencies in their classrooms. View all episodes by clicking on the PDTV playlist, the UEN PDTV YouTube Channel, or in UEN's eMedia.
Join us as we kick off a new season of UEN's PDTV! Host Katie Blunt travels to Midvale to meet Maxwell Eddington, an 8th-grade math teacher and Canyons School District's Teacher of the Year. Explore effective classroom management through Mr. Eddington's approach, centered on creating a supportive classroom culture for student success.
Apply the EdTech competencies taught in this video using the resources linked below!
Classroom Culture & PBIS
- Facing History & Ourselves - Contracting
- TeachThought - 26 Sentence Frames for Higher-Level Conversation in the Classroom
- UEN PDTV: Information Fluency
- Nearpod - 5 steps to building a positive school culture
- Center on PBIS
Derivita (Math assessment tools)
- Nearpod - 5 ways to create collaborative learning experiences in the classroom
- UEN Nearpod News: Collaborate with Thnk-Pair-Share
- Google Jamboard
- Popsicle Sticks random name picker app
Katie Blunt is a product manager with the Utah Education Network. She has a doctorate in Educational Leadership and Policy and a master’s in Instructional Design and Educational Technology from the University of Utah. She earned her bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education from Brigham Young University. Katie has K-12 administrative licensure and teaching endorsements in ESL, Ed Tech, Keyboarding, and Multimedia. She is an ISTE, Apple, Nearpod, and Google certified educator and UCET past president.